Saturday, April 18, 2015

Introduce Yourself: Sarah

Hi y'all!!!
My name is Sarah Kate S., and I'm fifteen years old. I play the fiddle, keyboard, and saw. I LOVE unusual instruments, so that's why
I chose the saw. I love it, and it's so easy to play! Are there any other saw lovers out there?!?
 
I have four siblings, Anna, Tucker, Sawyer, and Laura. My mom and Anna play the flute, my dad plays the drums, Tucker plays the banjo, and Sawyer plays the ukelele, though he wants to get a mandolin. So we have a wide variety of instruments in our household! I'm also attempting to teach my little sister Laura how to play the violin, but sometimes that is a problem because she's  only five and my violin is too big for her!!!
 
My favorite kinds of music are classical and Christian rock. My favorite classical composer (so far anyway) is Sibelius. In the way of rock and roll, my top favorite has always been Newsboys. I also like the Piano Guys and the Brown family; both amazing!!!
 
Some of my hobbies include: horseback riding, acting, archery, singing, riding dirt bike, writing books, (then reading them to my siblings and friends) baking, scrapbooking, fishing, swimming, ice skating, and reading. I could name a lot more, but that might get boring. :):):)
 
Well, now y'all know about me, I want to hear about you!
Sarah

7 comments:

  1. To be honest I had never heard of a Musical Saw...I had to google it to find out what it was!! It looks really fun to play! When did you start playing it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just last year, actually. First I tried with a saw that we had lying around the garage, but I couldn't make it sound. (now I know that it was because I had no rosin on it:P) Then I went to the Harvest Fair and lo and behold, there was a man playing the saw! I was so excited, and since then he has sold me a musical saw. A baritone actually. I love it!!!

      Delete
    2. I agree. ;)
      It's a lot of fun. You should try it!

      Delete
  2. Hey Sarah! I've only heard the saw once but it's really interesting and kinda funny, lol. I like christian rock too, what are some of your favorite bands?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm... well, I really like the David Crowder band, Jeremy Camp, (except I happen to be really sick of the particular CD we have, lol!) Newsboys, (BEFORE the band broke up...) and a few more that refuse to come to mind at the moment.

    ReplyDelete